This soup is perfect for a cold winter day, and is so delicious it will have everybody asking for the recipe! The choice is yours if you reveal this is not-quite homemade! Simple prepared ingredients will have this soup on your table in 30 minutes!
- 2 cans Cream of Potato soup
- 2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz frozen diced potatoes
- 1 package (8 oz) diced ham in water
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, additional for topping (optional)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Saute red pepper and onion in olive oil, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, just until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, combine potato soup and evaporated milk in large soup pan.
- Once vegetables are cooked, stir into soup mixture.
- Mix in potatoes, ham, corn, bacon bits, pepper, and garlic powder. Simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, simmer for another 7-8 minutes.
- Top each individual bowl with bacon bits if desired.