This healthy and flavorful side dish comes together in a flash! It is the perfect pairing for your favorite Chinese food dishes, or could be eaten on it’s own. Experiment with your favorite vegetables, or even try adding chicken or beef right into the fried rice for a simple and quick dinner!
Veggie Fried Rice
- 2 packages Seeds of Change Quinoa and Brown Rice blend (or 4 cups cooked brown rice)
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked sugar snap peas (or one package frozen sugar snap peas, cooked)
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg
- In a skillet, cook red pepper and onion in olive oil and 1/2 Tablespoon sesame oil for about 3-4 minutes, or until crisp tender.
- Once cooked, mix in rice and sugar snap peas, stir to combine.
- Mix in seasonings and soy sauce, stirring to mix well.
- Once rice is heated, about 4-5 minutes, crack egg into rice mixture. Stir to break apart yolk and mix egg into rice.
- Allow to cook for about 1 minute, then stir again. Repeat until egg is fully cooked.