This super easy side dish is bursting with flavor, and pairs great with any Asian themed meal! The best part? You only need 5 ingredients!
When making dinner last night, I wanted a new take on green beans to go with our spicy salmon and Jasmine rice. When I saw the sweet chili sauce, which I’m obsessed with, I wondered why I haven’t tried it on veggies before! So tasty and easy, these green beans were a perfect addition to our dinner!
- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed (either frozen or fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- If using frozen green beans, cook in microwave for half the time listed on package. If using fresh, steam half normal time.
- In a large pan, heat oil until just before smoking, and add in green beans.
- Sprinkle with red pepper, cook for one minute before stirring.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Stir in chili sauce, mixing well.
- Top with dried onion before serving.