Comfort food at its finest!
- 1 10oz package broccoli
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 cups lactose free (if necessary) half and half
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup gluten free (or regular) flour
- In a large pot, melt 1 Tablespoon butter and sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in remaining butter, and melt.
- Stir in flour, allowing to cook for 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Slowly add in chicken broth, half and half,, and water, stirring continuously.
- Add broccoli and carrots into soup and cover. Cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend broccoli until all large pieces are broken up.
- Pour cheese into soup, stirring until melted. Serve immediately.