A healthy and beautiful side dish that is perfect for the holiday season!
- 2 lbs rainbow carrots
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 1/3 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta
- 1 Tablespoon diced chives
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line baking sheet with tin foil.
- Slice carrots in half, length wise. Place on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, and stir to evenly coat.
- Roast carrots for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet for 3 minutes. Stir, and add shallot and garlic. Cook another 5 five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add honey, balsamic, bourbon, and chicken broth into bacon, stir well. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sauce should reduce as it thickens.
- Remove carrots from oven.
- If serving immediately : plate carrots and pour glaze over top. Stir to combine. Top with cheese and chives.
- If serving later : place carrots in crock pot and top with glaze. Stir to combine, and top with cheese and chives. Keep crock pot on keep warm until ready to serve