A weeknight win for dinner that is better for you, comes together in one pan, and is ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (15oz) can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can no salt added Rotel
- 1 (15 oz) can no salt added tomato sauce
- 8 oz Banza chickpea pasta shells
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese (or feel free to use whatever you have in the house!)
- Cilantro for garnish (optional, but highly recommended!)
- In large pot or Dutch oven, cook ground beef. Crumble and cook until no longer pink.
- Add onion and garlic into the beef, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth, tomato sauce, and Rotel into beef. Stir well to combine. Add in seasonings and pasta, and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese into pot and stir until melted. Top with cilantro, if desired, and serve immediately.