The beef for these tostadas cooks in the crockpot, so they are a great addition to your weeknight meal planning! The addition of quick pickled onions and jalapeños along with a Chipotle greek yogurt sauce has this dish feeling gourmet, while staying healthy at the same time!
Chipotle Beer Shredded Beef Tostadas
- 1 chuck roast, about 3 lbs
- 1 12oz can beer
- 1 small can diced jalapeños (use green chiles if you aren’t a fan of heat)
- 2 Tablespoons Chipotle seasoning
- 10 corn tostadas, warmed
- Cilantro, for topping
For the quick pickled onions and jalapeños –
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Chipotle Greek Yogurt Sauce –
- 3/4 cup 0% fat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 Tablespoon Chipotle seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Place roast in crock pot. Pour beer, can of peppers, and seasoning over top. Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Pull roast out of crock pot, dispose of any liquid, carefully not disposing of peppers. Shred roast and put back in crock pot. Stir with any remaining peppers, keep on warm until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, place sliced onions and jalapeños in small pot. Pour vinegar and water over top, and add in sugar and salt. Stir to combine. Cook onions over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine greek yogurt, salsa, seasoning, and water. Set aside.
- To assemble tostada, spoon 1/4 cup beef, drained onions and jalapeños, and Chipotle sauce on top of tostada shell. Top with cilantro.
21 day fix count for two tostadas:
- 1 yellow
- 1 red
- 1/2 green