Looking for a delicious and easy week night dinner? Try a new take on the calzone by loading them with shredded chicken and tons of fresh vegetables!
Chicken and Veggie Calzones
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 lb chicken, shredded (can either use rotisserie chicken or boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 cup broccoli, diced
- 1 sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup portobello mushrooms, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup part skim ricotta
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- marinara or ranch for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line large cookie sheet with tin foil, and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Stir in 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper (if desired), and mix well. Set aside
- Roll pizza dough out onto flat surface. Cut into six equal portions, then stretch each piece out a bit.
- Evenly divide chicken mixture onto half of each dough rectangle. Evenly divide ricotta and mozzarella cheese over top chicken and veggies. Fold dough over top of filling, pressing edges together. Seal edges with a fork. There may be some chicken and veggie filling leftover in order to get the dough to close over top.
- Carefully place each calzone on cookie sheet. Spray the tops of the calzones with nonstick spray, and sprinkle remaining garlic powder and Italian seasoning over top.
- Bake calzones for 10-12 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Serve with side salad or your favorite veggie side.