By using a leaner cut of pork, these crockpot burrito bowls are big on flavor, not on calories!
For the pork
- 3-4 lb packaged pork tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 sweet or yellow onion, cut into quarters
- 2 jalapeños, cut into thirds
- 1 orange, cut into quarters
For the Pico de gallo
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 sweet or yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 can low sodium black beans, drained
- Hot sauce (optional)
- In a six quart crockpot, place pork tenderloins, and sprinkle with chili powder. Top with onion and jalapeno. Squeeze juice from orange over top pork, and place remaining orange pieces in the crockpot as well. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix ingredients for Pico de gallo. Cover and place in fridge while pork cooks.
- When pork is cooked, remove orange pieces, onion pieces, and jalapeno pieces. Shred half of the pork. (Save other half of pork and freeze. This can be used for tacos, enchiladas, etc)
- To assemble, divide rice into four bowls. Top with black beans, pork, pico, and hot sauce.
21 Day Fix Count