A quick and easy dish that will be ready in just 15 minutes!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- Preheat broiler and line pan with tin foil.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Sprinkle chicken with chili powder and place chicken in oil. Cover, and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken thighs and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Place chicken on lined pan and put under the broiler.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients in same pan chicken was cooked in. Allow to simmer over high heat for about 3 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer chicken into sauce, turning to coat.
- Serve chicken over rice. Spoon extra sauce on top, if desired.