A simple and flavorful side dish that pairs perfectly with chicken, shrimp, or even a veggie stir fry!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup quick cook rice
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon cooped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in large pot. Add in garlic and cook for about three minutes.
- Shake can of coconut well. This will distribute the fat from the coconut milk. Pour the milk and water into the pot and heat to boiling.
- Add rice and salt into the boiling liquid and cover. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes, or until all the liquid is evaporated. Stir occasionally.
- Stir green onions and cilantro into rice. Serve immediately, or allow to fully cool and refrigerate for up to three days.