This decadent pasta comes together in a snap and tastes so amazing, you’ll think you’re at a restaurant! By using better for you ingredients, this dish is a great addition to your healthy week night menu!
Sausage and Goat Cheese Pasta
- 1 lb lean pork sausage (or turkey sausage)
- 1 lb whole wheat rotini noodles
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (4 oz) container crumbled goat cheese
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 cup fat free milk
- Cook sausage in large skillet. Meanwhile, boil noodles in separate pot.
- Stir red pepper into sausage, cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour oil into sausage, and stir in flour. Stir well, until flour is dissolved.
- Mix milk in slowly, stirring until thickened.
- Add goat cheese into sausage, and stir until fully melted.
- Mix spinach in, stirring until wilted.
- Stir cooked noodles into skillet, mixing everything until combined. Serve immediately.
- Top with crushed red pepper if desired.
21 day fix portions (for a 1 cup serving):
1 red (use turkey sausage!)
You can count the 1 tsp for the Olive oil if you’d like, but personally I didn’t since it’s only 1 tablespoon in the whole dish