A fresh and delicious twist on sweet corn, this salad pairs perfect with your favorite summer meals!
Anyone who knows me, knows I’m obsessed with tacos. However, I can get bored with the traditional beans and rice for sides. This week, I am attempting to copy these delicious Swordfish tacos I had on our honeymoon in Oahu last year, and I wanted a new side to go with them. This corn salad is so fresh and light, and has so much flavor, it will be the perfect complement to fish tacos!
- 5 ears of corn, husked
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced and seeds removed
- 1 package queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large pot, boil water. Once boiling, carefully add in corn cobs. Turn heat to medium and allow to cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove corn from water, allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix bell pepper, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, and queso fresco.
- Using a knife, carefully remove corn from off the cob. Mix into large bowl,breaking up larger pieces as you stir.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lime juice, and seasonings. Stir well to combine.
- Pour seasoned oil over salad, mixing well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, and enjoy!